Friday, August 7, 2009

Why is it so hard to find a job?

UGH!!! With all these people crying "Hiring Now!!" why isnt there any hiring going on. Ive been without a job since April, when my son was born, and boy its hard out here. I know its going to take time for me to search and apply and actually be considered but where is the money that I really and truly need. Ive redone my resume, called and emailed, etc but no luck so far. Ive always been the one with so much patience but now that I have a son and not just myself to care for its so hard. I want a stable environment for my son to be taken care of in. I saved so much before my job decided to lay me off but those savings only last so long with the cost of diapers, medicines, healthcare, etc for my son and they have long ago ended. Im not too concerned about where I work right now as long as I make enough for my son and I and it doesnt degrade me or go against my morals. It has come to a time where settling for slightly less than youre worth is the norm. I do still have faith and believe that God will meet my every need and am trying to remain sane its just so difficult to understand why at such a time as this. I do appreciate you for "listening" to me rant and rave!!! I really needed to vent...WOW!!! Anybody hiring for legitimate jobs in the Atlanta area or telework:)

1 comment:

  1. I know you were just venting but I thought I'd give you some points to ponder...

    I'm not a church person but I have found that God, the universe, etc always provides what you need if you let it. Relax because stress causes you to miss seeing opportunities.

    Simply have faith that "things will work out okay" and keep in mind that even if things don't go the way you want them to... you may be being pointed in an even better direction.

    With the rising costs of daycare and the fact that you'd be too tired to cook so there would be more fast food and "instant" dinners(big $), it may be cheaper for you to stay home... have you done the math to see if working's worth it?

    Hope this helps,
    ~ Shannon
    http://willowwisdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete