Saturday, July 4, 2009

This economy that we are apart of

Its so crazy that a job has the right or wherewithall to just let a person go. It seems like the layoff or termination comes at the most inconvenient times in our lives. Theres always a bill or rent due, some unexpected expense, or finance demanding event that comes along at the same time. This blog comes from a real life experience that I, Ashley Randolph-Bennett have had to endure and only God has made survival possible. August of 08 I started an excellent paying job with excellent benefits that helped me obtain a lifestyle fit to my likings. I didnt always like the workings and ways of the company but sometimes we have to endure through things we dont like to get where we are trying to go. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. WOW!! This news was so unexpected that we took 3 pregnancy test (2 at home and 1 at the doctors office). All of which confirmed that our suspicions were true. In 9 months we were going to be parents. Of course there were doubts and things running through our minds (finances, readiness, etc) but we both had jobs that would help support the needs of our lives and the life of our soon to be child. Well each day I worked came with more rewards. I was making incentives and bonuses within my first month or two and OT was around the clock. In November, we learned that a baby boy would be our gift from God. Of course daddy was excited but as time went on and we were trying as hard as we could to prepare we both picked up parttime jobs. Talk about something so overbearing. I was hardly ever home and sometimes even felt sick so I started using leave and taking it easy although I had 2 sit down jobs that didnt put to much strain on my body. I may have seen my home 3-4hrs of the day and that was to sleep. Our baby boy was due April 6, 2009 so March 21, 2009 I left work on maternity leave. Well my son came 8 days late. Everything was in place rent was paid up until July and bills were down to 0. May 18th I was contacted by HR. This conversation was one that has really changed my life totally. I was told if I couldnt "claim" my job that day I had to voluntarily resign. I tried everything I could to get more time because of my choice to nurse my son as well as childcare for him if I was to return to work. Well of course I lost my job and have yet to find once since. I am totally dependent on God at this point in time. I do know that he will work it all out for our good. I have no doubt in my mind that all things will work out. This has been a real trying time for my family. I wouldnt wish this situation on anyone. It has really been a test but I know He will never put more on me than I can bear. I just continue to pray and ask that all who have been praying for me continue to. I know I will come out on top!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment